Sunday, November 14, 2010

Mrs. Dalloway


I didn't make it to Rent. Go figure. I tried my bestest but sleep got the best of me.
I was going with a friend of mine but sleep took him over as well so I guess it wasn't meant to be today. My plan probably failed due to the movie I decided to watch.

So on to the review!

Mrs. Dalloway
So while watching it, the style of how the film was going made me think it was based off of a book. While I was looking for pictures from the movie to supplement this post, lo and behold I find out it was a book!
That made me even more excited because now I'm going to go to the library and check it out. Its by Virginia Woolf.
The story is centered around Clarissa Dalloway, it takes place in England in the 1920's. The story starts with Clarissa preparing for a party to be held later that evening & the recollections she has on her youth plus other happenings throughout the day. Its set in English society after World War I. There are themes of communication, death, oppression and of course love because love is central to life. It was great picking out motifs in these movie but I know it would be greater in the book.
I don't want to talk about it too much even though if you google it, it'll give away everything but I feel as if people should watch it and/or read it.

I did love the visual aspects of the film. The clothing and  the color palette throughout the movie was soothing and eye catching at the same time. I could not find much pics from the movie though :(
This movie has been added to my wonderful-see list & I cannot wait to get my hands on the book.

 

Take a trip to the library and check out the book or rent the movie and take a look see.
Hopefully you enjoy =)


She broke my heart, and you can't love like that twice. - Peter Walsh (Mrs. Dalloway)

No comments:

Post a Comment