Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Restless City

I'm a huge fan of indie films and Restless City is one I cannot wait to see.
It is an official selection of the 2011 Sundance Film Festival.

"tells the story of an Africa immigrant surviving on the fringes of New York City where music is his passion, life is a hustle, and falling in love is his greatest risk."


Directed by Andrew Dosunmu
Starring Sy Alassane as Djbiri who is the main character
    &&
           Nicole 'Sky' Grey as Trini
Nicole is.. Jamaican =) and this is her second film. The first was "Better Mus Come" which I've been hearing is a good film. Another one on my must see list.


Costume Designer for the movie is Mobolaji Dawodu. 
I adore his work.


Check out stills from the film.


promo photo


promo photo


promo photo


**note- I have those headphones in pink. You know who was excited about that.... :)

1 comment:

  1. I certainly want to check this out for so many reasons. The cinematography looks amazing. I'm a native of NYC and first generation...thanks for posting this I will certainly be on the look out for screenings of this film. The stills are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete