Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Artiste Spotlight

Greetings Lovelies!
Today's spotlight is on Anna Teresa De Keersmaeker.
The name may or may not be familiar to you... She is the choreographer that Queen Bey ripped off  gained inspiration from for her Countdown video.
De Keersmaker is well renowned in the contemporary dance field & has been in the arena for over 20 years. 

I'm researching De Keersmaeker for one of my Uni subjects & came across this video on YouTube.
It is a piece performed by Rosas, De Keersmaeker's company which she founded in 1983. 
It was choreographed by Anna Teresa De Keersmaeker for the Maison Martin Margiela+ H&M Designer Collaboration.
I was so excited when I came across this because I love when different arts collide to produce a piece. 
It shows that dance, music, art, fashion, theater, film and such are apart of the same family tree.
Check out the video below 
Enjoy =)

No comments:

Post a Comment