Thursday, May 23, 2013

Product Review - Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls

Hiya Lovelies!
I been gone for a bit, I know.
Got buried in schoolwork and now I'm clear cross the other side of the pond
back in So Flo :-) for a lil bit.

Staying true to my word, giving y'all my tuppence on the Pillow Soft Curls.


Get into the review !





Retails for $22 at 8 oz.
The name says it all.  Miss Jessie’s PILLOW SOFT CURLS™ is the new styling lotion that borrows fabric care technology and marries it to haircare. It is perfect for achieving static-free, big, soft, curly hair that we all dream about. If you don't want ramen noodle definition and instead want a larger, expanded, fluffy curl then PILLOW SOFT CURLS™ is for you! It's the first “fabric softener” type styling lotion that will leave your curls clothesline fresh and fluffy soft.  You will see that  PILLOW SOFT CURLS™ is so easy to apply. It spreads so smoothly and feels as light as a feather on your curls.
Instructions for use: Evenly distribute a capful or more to damp , freshly washed, conditioned and detangled hair. To dry: either air dry or use a diffuser attachment on a blow dryer

I ordered a sample packet from Miss Jessie's when I purchased during their BOGO sale last year.
I was more excited to try it when CrystalAfro gave me two sample packets she had for I was unsure if it would do for my hair.
The samples are 1 fl oz and I used one packet for my whole head. 
I followed the instructions to a tee.. doing it on damp hair.

50-60% dry -1st day


 The application process was easy, the product went on smoothly and I didn't have to work it in for ages.
The consistency is like a lotion-cream type. 
It looks and smells like fabric softener, felt like I was applying Downy to my hair. Wasn't bad to me but if you're not a fan of laundry then this ain't for you.

50-60% dry - 1st day

The dry time was quick, quicker than their Meringue which I liked. 
As you can see, there's a blue-ish tint on the hair when first applied but it goes away.

90% dry - 1st day
Overall I didn't hate the product.
It did give me frizzy bits at the front of my hair and a bit on my crown so that was a bit annoying but I had a good wash n go. Lasted me a week!
My hair didn't feel dry because I sealed before applying the product. 

90% dry - 1st day
It does feel as if product is on the hair so thats a negative.
I wouldn't purchase this at full price. If I felt like buying during their BOGO sale, I would pick it up but it's not a product that makes its way into my MUST HAVES.

Hair fully dry next day


Hope this was helpful!




No comments:

Post a Comment